So far I love this group. It seems in time as we all get things sorted
out and we see who everyone is looking for we will kind of keep an eye
out for the various relatives we’re looking for. If nothing else its a
start.
But at this time the 20 megabytes we’re allowed in the files section is
at 13 megabytes used. that means we’ll be out of room in that area soon.
I know I can trim some of the stuff in there but that won’t amount to much.
I was thinking that some of that stuff could be put on some of these
free websites that you can get. Then we could just put a link to the
various peoples genealogy lines. Maybe if you all have unused website
space you could put your personal genealogy info on it and then we can
just link to that section. . .
. . .I don’t know
thats why I’m writing. Do any of you all have any ideas. Its just that
I’m thinking that maybe we might get another 5, 10 or even 20 more
people to join and once everybody puts there info in we’ll be way over
the limit. . .so the time to figure this out is now before we get there.
any ideas appreciated,
jp
Joseph,
I think your idea is a good one. Some suggestions I would make:
don't add information that can be found somewhere else (for example
the source list of films for a particular region off the LDS catalog
could be added as a link instead). The link would take up a lot less
space and when the LDS catalog is updated our list would be out of
date. The ancestry reports can be exported to .rtf (rich text
format) extensions. rtf files take up less space than word documents
and are compatible with more applications than are word documents.
You also don't have to worry about members not being able to access a
word document because they are running an older version of Word or
don't have Word at all.
Maria
— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:
>
> So far I love this group. It seems in time as we all get things
sorted
> out and we see who everyone is looking for we will kind of keep an
eye
> out for the various relatives we’re looking for. If nothing else
its a
> start.
>
> But at this time the 20 megabytes we’re allowed in the files
section is
> at 13 megabytes used. that means we’ll be out of room in that area
soon.
>
> I know I can trim some of the stuff in there but that won’t amount
to much.
>
> I was thinking that some of that stuff could be put on some of
these
> free websites that you can get. Then we could just put a link to
the
> various peoples genealogy lines. Maybe if you all have unused
website
> space you could put your personal genealogy info on it and then we
can
> just link to that section. . .
>
> . . .I don’t know
>
> thats why I’m writing. Do any of you all have any ideas. Its just
that
> I’m thinking that maybe we might get another 5, 10 or even 20 more
> people to join and once everybody puts there info in we’ll be way
over
> the limit. . .so the time to figure this out is now before we get
there.
>
> any ideas appreciated,
>
> jp