Es Tiempo para Bailar/ New member - Grano Family

Donde va hacer la fiesta?. . .piñata, tamales, mariachis, tragitos y
bailando.



what a happy day it is! For more than a 100 years or maybe more than
200 years your families lost each other. People that loved and cared
for each other but through circumstances got lost and forgotten. Now
they are united and hopefully will never lose track of each other again.



arturoramos2 wrote:

Angie:

We are most definitely related. Joseph Cayetano Grano’s daughter
Rita Margarita married Pedro Gonzalez. I am their eighth generation
descendant via my father’s paternal line. I will definitely take a
look at your file. I have Covarrubias and Jara interwoven throughout
my genealogy so I am sure there is a connection there as well.

Do you know how I would go about getting copies of the books you
mention? We can continue this discussion outside the group if you
like… arturo.ramos2@…

I wouldn't hear of it. . .maybe give us just a message or two more. . .let us celebrate and wish you our happiness too. You all can take it private after we have had our fill of your happiness as well.

congratulations on this great find. . .its time for much rejoicing!

joseph

ps: no one ever accused me of  not being a sentimentalist.

pps: This is not the book Angie referred to but was given fyi. . .note the library of congress owning a copy of the first:

CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY CUY  
CT YALE UNIV LIBR YUS  
DC LIBRARY OF CONGRESS DLC  
NM UNIV OF NEW MEXICO IQU  
NY COLUMBIA UNIV ZCU  
NY NEW YORK PUB LIBR RES LIBR NYP  
ON UNIV OF TORONTO LIBR UTO  


AZ ARIZONA STATE UNIV AZS  
AZ UNIV OF ARIZONA AZU  
CA STANFORD UNIV LIBR STF  
CA UNIV OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES CLU  
IL UNIV OF CHICAGO CGU  
LA TULANE UNIV LRU  
NY COLUMBIA UNIV ZCU  
RI BROWN UNIV RBN  
TX UNIV OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN IXA  

Record for Item: "Historia de Totatiche : /..."( Libraries with Item )


Get This Item
Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
  • Libraries worldwide that own item: 9
  • Find this in your library Connect to the catalog at NCSU Libraries

  • Find Related
    More Like This: Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced options ...
    Title: Historia de Totatiche :
    Jalisco, México /
    Author(s): Valdés Salazar, Esteban. 
    Publication: Guadalajara, Jalisco : Secretaría de Cultura,
    Edition: 1. ed.
    Year: 2003
    Description: 339 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
    Language: Spanish
    Series: Voz de la tierra; Variation: Voz de la tierra colección.
    Standard No: ISBN: 9706243240

    SUBJECT(S)
    Geographic: Totatiche (Mexico) -- History. 
    Class Descriptors: LC: F1391.T68
    Responsibility: Esteban Valdés Salazar.
    Document Type: Book
    Entry: 20040310
    Update: 20040615
    Accession No: OCLC: 54675318
    Database: WorldCat

    ================================================

    misc:

    TX UNIV OF TEXAS, PAN AM TPN  

    Record for Item: "Viaje a Totatiche, Jalisc..."( Libraries with Item )


    Get This Item
    Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
  • Libraries worldwide that own item: 1
  • Find this in your library Connect to the catalog at NCSU Libraries

  • Find Related
    More Like This: Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced options ...
    Title: Viaje a Totatiche, Jalisco :
    de ida y vuelta /
    Author(s): Sepúlveda, Jesús. 
    Publication: Mexico : Casa Editora Nogales,
    Year: 1998
    Description: 68 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
    Language: Spanish

    SUBJECT(S)
    Geographic: Jalisco (Mexico) -- Description and travel. 
    Note(s): "Agosto de 1998"--T.p. verso.
    Class Descriptors: LC: F1296
    Other Titles: Totatiche, Jalisco
    Responsibility: Jesús Sepúlveda.
    Document Type: Book
    Entry: 20000505
    Update: 20050115
    Accession No: OCLC: 43989727
    Database: WorldCat

    I agree and have my own story to share. I recently found a link to 
    Anna Arellano (Jose Munos' wife).  Anna and I both descend from the 
    same set of 7th great-grandparents (Manuel Castañeda and Maria 
    Antonia de la Torre). We all live in Northern California and I had 
    the pleasure of meeting them recently.  My feelings are just as 
    Alberto said, blood relatives are forever.
    

    Maria Cortez

    — In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Alberto Duarte <albertodua@y…>
    wrote:
    > Congratulations. Blood relatives are forever, no
    > matter how many generations have past.
    >
    > Alberto Duarte
    > Santa Maria, California
    >
    > — Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:
    >
    > > Donde va hacer la fiesta?. . .piñata, tamales,
    > > mariachis, tragitos y
    > > bailando.
    > >
    > > what a happy day it is! For more than a 100 years or
    > > maybe more than 200
    > > years your families lost each other. People that
    > > loved and cared for
    > > each other but through circumstances got lost and
    > > forgotten. Now they
    > > are united and hopefully will never lose track of
    > > each other again.
    > >
    > > arturoramos2 wrote:
    > >
    > > >Angie:
    > > >
    > > >We are most definitely related. Joseph Cayetano
    > > Grano’s daughter
    > > >Rita Margarita married Pedro Gonzalez. I am their
    > > eighth generation
    > > >descendant via my father’s paternal line. I will
    > > definitely take a
    > > >look at your file. I have Covarrubias and Jara
    > > interwoven throughout
    > > >my genealogy so I am sure there is a connection
    > > there as well.
    > > >
    > > >Do you know how I would go about getting copies of
    > > the books you
    > > >mention? We can continue this discussion outside
    > > the group if you
    > > >like… arturo.ramos2@v…
    > > >
    > > I wouldn’t hear of it. . .maybe give us just a
    > > message or two more. .
    > > .let us celebrate and wish you our happiness too.
    > > You all can take it
    > > private after we have had our fill of your happiness
    > > as well.
    > >
    > > congratulations on this great find. . .its time for
    > > much rejoicing!
    > >
    > > joseph
    > >
    > > ps: no one ever accused me of not being a
    > > sentimentalist.
    > >