|
Hello, Everyone,
After much searching totry to make some sense out
of my mtDNA reslutts (after not finding much) I finally decided to put it
on the DNA list up for comments. The comments verify what I had suspected:
there are not many of us out there. This is
consistent with my family's history. I have added some comments to the
responses. Some relevant comments I have received
with some references that might be of interest. I hope the links
are useful.
Elvira
these are my numbers for my mtDNA, with differences from CRS at 16111T
16223T 16290T 16319A 16335G 16526A HVR2 differences from CRS
at
64T
73G 146C 153G 235G 263G 309.1C 315.1C Looking in the mtDNA concordance
_http://www.bioanth.cam.ac.uk/mtDNA/hvr1c.html_ (http://www.bioanth.cam.ac.uk/mtDNA/hvr1c.html)
,
I find no HVR1 sequences just like
yours, although there are many close in the Native American peoples of
both North and South America.
There occurrences of any mutations on 16526 of any kind. In the Human Mitochondrial Genome Database there are 16 occurrences of 16526A in various locations in Europe and Asia (mostly Asian). There are also 4 occurrences of 16335G, one each Japanese, Saami, Italian and PNG Highlands in Melanesia. The good news is that this appears to be a rather [rare]? combination of HVR1+HVR2, which means that exact matches at the high-resolution level indicate a definite relationship. The question is when? Given the geographic and temporal proximity of you and your match, I'd be inclined to look for more people with maternal lines in (or back to) Zacatecas, especially Tepetongo to test for mtDNA. I don't think anyone has started a Zacatecas mtDNA project yet...::Grin:: Your HVR2 sequence is found in Kolman CJ, Bermingham E, Cooke R, Ward RH, Arias TD, Guionneau SF (1995) Reduced mtDNA diversity in the Ngöbé Amerinds of Panama. Genetics 140:275-283 Kolman,95; NG1; [A]; Ngöbé(1) ?Kolman,95; NG2; [A]; Ngöbé(9) Anne (from the DNA list on rootsweb). NOTE: Anne's suggestion is what I have
been thinking about for a long time because there had not been any matches found
for me. The Panama mention is interesting as I lived in Panama for
some years. I had a bit of contact with Panamanian Indians .
Also my children were born there. EZP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had my mtDNa results for a while and so far no
matches anywhere with any other females. I have a match with a
man whose female ancestor
(dob: bef. 1693). was from Zacatecas. Her descendants now live in New Mexico. My last known ancestor in my maternal line is
Maria-Josefa Luera, born in Rancho Arroyo Seco de Abajo, Tepetongo,
1821. This place was once a sort of a way station for the people developing the
logging industry in the area. Any
comments from anyone?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, a very nice Haplogroup A pattern.
You might like to look at the sequence from
'Mishmar' (marked 6 on my chart) - which is a complete American sequence with
striking similarities.
The 64T is an especially nice feature. Ian
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for something a bit different: a member of my group was
tested by FamilyTreeDNA and put into haplogroup I. This is what I found for
this group in their own site:
**The I, I1, and I1a lineages are nearly completely restricted to northwestern Europe. These would most likely have been common within Viking populations. One lineage of this group extends down into central Europe** This was most unexpected since his family is Indian from Nochistlan, Zacatecas. According to the family written genealogy there is no one in the family who could possibly be from that part of the world, at least no one that he knows of. We are still waiting for the other numbers for the 37 markers to come in. I checked the numbers an they do fall into the I haplogroup. Does anyone know anything about his group being in Mexico anywhere?
Haploroup I 393 11 19 14 391 10 439 11 389-1 12 389-2 28 388 14 390 22 426 11 390 13 426 14 385a 11 |