Jerez, Zacatecas: 2002 Phone Book of Macias

Jose,



I have a 2002 phone book that has a section for Jerez. Would you like
for me to send you a scan of all the Macias?



joseph





zendean wrote:

Margarita;
    My great grandfather and ggmother were from Jerez, Zacatecas. I wonder, 
is it a big town ? Francisco Macias and his wife Leonarda Ramirez are and 
have always been a mystery to me. My Aunt told me that they visited them in 
Zacatecas when they were little and that the Macias's lived on a farm there.
    I wonder if you know some one that is there now that I can correspond 
with to ask about them.

Jose Macias
usa20@…

----- Original Message -----
From: “Margarita Vallazza” <TeaCozyGran@…>
To: <ranchos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [ranchos] FOOD:Mole/Pipian/Genealogy

My dad's mother was from Jerez, Zacatecas, and she died just before my
sixth birthday so I don't have a lot of memories of her but here's one
or two:

I remember her fixing something called atole, which I didn’t like, but
remembering it from a fog of some years’ distance, I would say it’s a
healthy drink. She also had prunes in her oatmeal, so when I’d pop in
to visit her in the morning and she had some, I’d be served a dish of
it and enjoy it. I liked it better than my mother’s porridge (which I
realize now was a true Scots dish). At special times, don’t know what
they were, Abuelita would have capirotada, which I didn’t like too
well. Remember, I was just a kid!:slight_smile:

I’ll have to think about some more food…some of it was just the food
from northern Mexico that my grandfather liked–he was from Chihuahua
city.

I wish I had had the blessing of more time with my grandmother, maybe I
would have learned things about her family in Zacatecas. I believe
even she didn’t know a lot about her family history and I say that
because my Tias, dad’s sisters, don’t know much about their mother’s
life in Zacatecas. I’m the one who told my Tia Carmen that my abuelita
had a full sister named Paula, a full brother named Jose (who died in
1919) and 2 half-sisters and a half-brother…they never knew! People
in the old country NEVER discussed anything private. Marge:)

Yahoo! Groups Links

</pre>

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ranchos/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/