My intro...

Hello, I am new this group.  Thanks for letting me join.  I noticed 
that everyone was giving intros, so I thought I would add mine to the 
list....  I recognize some of the different people in this group 
through other message boards or email... So this may be a repeat for 
some of you...

My name is Angie Godina. I have been working on my family tree since
1998. But I didn’t start using the LDS website and films until 2001
so that is when I really started working on researching my
genealogy/ancestors. I have been able to find most of my paternal
and maternal lines up to the early 1700’s. They have generally
stayed in the same areas these last 300 years. I am mainly
researching my eight grandparents surnames/families they include:

Cardenas, Carreon (or Carrion), Gaeta, Godina, Huerta, Huizar (or
Guizar), Luna, Miramontes, Perez, Raigosa (or Raygoza)

I am at some dead ends so I started researching their extended
ancestors which include:

Andarsa, Avila, Ayala, Campos, Castaneda, Correa(s), De Ayon, De La
Concha, De La O, De La Torre (Torres), De Leon, Diaz, Escovedo,
Gamboa, Gonsalez, Grano, Gusman Y Prado (Gusman), Gutierrez, Lopez,
Marques De Los Olivos (Marques), Mayorga, Munos, Pinedo, Robles,
Rodriguez, Romero, Rosales, Sanchez, Sandoval, Serrano, Sierra,
Sisneros, Soto, Ulloa, Valdez, Valenzuela

Main Film Locations I have looked at are:

Atolinga, Zacatecas, Mexico
Jerez de Garcia Salinas, Zacatecas, Mexico
Santo Thomas De Momax, Momax, Zacatecas, Mexico
Tepechitlan, Zacatecas, Mexico
Tlaltenango de Sanchez Roman, Zacatecas, Mexico

San Luis, Colotlan, Jalisco, Mexico
Totatiche, Jalisco, Mexico

The Rancho Locations I am interested in are:

El Rancho de Agua Gorda, Cartajenas, Sauz de los Marquez, Rancho de
San Jose de los Campos, Coculiten, Tulimic, Rancho de las Bocas,
Rancho de los Aguales, Tlascala, Los Velas, Rancho de los Correas,
Rancho de los Chancuelos, Totolco, Laguna Grande, Salitre, Charco
Hondo, Chayotillo … kind of a long list.

I saw my Marques Family in the Census of Sauz de los Marquez that is
posted in the files section. It is on page one, first column, about
half way down. Dn. Felix Marquez (70), Da. Alvina Romero (65), and
Torivio Marquez (34). It’s really exicting to see it. Thanks for
posting that resource. But now I have a question for Joseph
Puentes. Is this the actual census or just the census index pages?
I have seen the census records for Colotlan 1930 and it has a lot
more information. So that is why I am wondering if there is more
information for this listed couple and their son. I have to look
through the rest and see if I recognize any other families.

Well if anyones interested, I am posting files for the Marques and
Romero family that I found in the census, it includes their ancestors
and decendants. Sorry, I didn’t include any sources. I have the
sources all written down but haven’t typed them into my system
yet. :frowning: It would be intersting to find someone else researching
the same familes that I am looking for.

Thanks again.
Angie

I looked over your Romero file, but I really can't tell either way if 
the couple is the same or not.  Guess we won't really know until you 
find out the names of your Manuel Romero's parents.

Where did you find the Suaz de los Marques census? Did you order
it? I would like to try and get more information on the couple that
were related to me. So any details about the document you have would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Angie

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:
>
> great thanks for the files and you had me on the edge of my chair a
> couple of time with your Juan Manuel Romero marrying Ana Maria
Casas. I
> have a Manuel Romero marrying a Mariana de Casas but the time frame
> looks to be later than your couple. My Manuel grandparent had at
least
> two children: Tomas and Simon Romero. there is a chance we’re
related.
> I’m putting my Romero file back into the files section right away
so you
> can see who I’m talking about.

I have heard of the Rancho Los Reales, but I don't know where it is 
exactly.  I don't know if I have family from there.  There is a lot 
of Miramontes and Magallanes in the area of Zacatecas near Jalisco.  
The information I have on my Miramontes family starts about 1860 and 
earlier.  So I won't have information for you unless you have an 
individual born before 1860.  Does you father-in-law know the names 
of his grandparents?  Well I don't know how old your father-in-law 
is, but more than likely that would be information that I can find in 
my family if we were related.

I don’t have Magallanes in my family, but I have done some
researching on that name as well, for something else. Anyway, if you
find out the names of Victoria’s parents, let me know and I could
look those up as well in my records.

Angie

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Tammy Miramontes <tmira68@y…> wrote:
>
> Angie,
> IN reading the list of names that you have searched for, I saw the
name MIRAMONTES. That is my last name now. My father-in-law was
from Zacatecas. His parents names were Aurelino & Victoria
(magallanes) Miramontes. I believe the ranch they are from is named
Los Reales.
> Just wondering if there is any connection here.
> Tammy