Mary, If you want to forward me those copies I would be happy to help. My Spanish is fluent, but depending on the age of the documents it might take me a little more time with the older documents. I have experience with 1700's Spanish. I also know some very experienced genealogists I could ask for help if I need to.Maria
— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Mary Gervassi <mgervassi@e…> wrote:
> Dear Mr Puentes,
>
> I just came back from the Univerisity of Las Cruces in New Mexico.
I need
> someone to help me translate the copies that I made, matrimonales,
limpa de
> sangre, and some other copies.
>
> Also how do I get a password and an ID to enter information on the
Rancho web.
>
> Thank you
> Mary
>
> Joseph Puentes wrote:
>
> > How many of you all are thoroughly using the IGI parent search
feature
> > of the Family Search website? Now I’m not saying that I am either
but
> > here are a few of the strategies I use in hunting for my
ancestors.
> >
> > I’m going to use my Great Great Grandparents: Lucio Santa Maria
and
> > Cecilia Lugo. My Aunt Julia Espinoza gave me their names in a
> > conversation one day. I went straight to IGI search page and
plugged
> > their names into the parent section. These are the names that I
turned up:
> >
> > Mexico
> > Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia Lugo
> >
> > 1. CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 2. MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 3. ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 4. BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 5. VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International
Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 6. JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> >
> > Now I hope everyone knows that you have to try all the different
> > combinations of names to get a the most out of the Parent search,
for
> > example:
> >
> > In addition to 1) Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo I used these
other
> > possible combinations:
> >
> > 2) Lucio Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
> > 3) Jose Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo
> > 4) Jose Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
> >
> > Many times I have found other children of the same couple by
using the 4
> > possible combinations for a single couple. But in this case I
found no
> > additional children.
> >
> > but if I would have stopped here I would have missed a few more
of their
> > children.
> >
> > Here is the other 4 possible combinations that must be tried to
make
> > sure you haven’t missed anything.
> >
> > 1) Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia
> > 2) Lucio Santa Maria y Maria
> > 3) Jose Santa Maria y Cecilia
> > 4) Jose Santa Maria y Maria
> >
> > Only number one (Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia) produced positive
results
> > for other children giving this list:
> >
> > Mexico
> > Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia
> >
> > 1. FRANCISCA SANTAMARIA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical
Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 29 JAN 1853 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 2. VIRGINIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 23 MAY 1855 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 3. PRICILIANO SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 05 JAN 1867 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 4. SILVERIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 21 JUN 1850 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 5. CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 6. MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 7. ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 8. BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> > 9. VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International
Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas,
Mexico
> > 10. JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> > Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> >
> > Now if you looked at the additional 4 children they were the
offspring
> > of Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Espinosa. So initially I assumed
it was
> > a different couple and if the dates hadn’t been mixed into each
other I
> > would have thought that maybe this was a second wife and that he
was a
> > Viudo. As it is when the films came in it turned out that the
Priest
> > didn’t consistently name Cecilia. Her parents were Januario
Espinosa and
> > Antonia Lugo. In one record they called her Cecilia Lugo in
another
> > record they called her Cecilia Espinosa.
> >
> > Here is the main point. . .expect anything. Try all the
possibilities.
> > If you get all the records then you can compare them and sort out
the
> > anomalies. So instead of a couple only have 4 possible
combinations for
> > the parent search section it turns out there are 8.
> >
> > Now maybe I’m not so good at explaining what I mean so if you
have any
> > questions I’ll try to sort out any confusion I might have
produced in
> > explaining the above. . .let me know.
> >
> > Joseph
> >
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> >
> >
> >
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
How many of you all are thoroughly using the IGI parent search feature
of the Family Search website? Now I’m not saying that I am either but
here are a few of the strategies I use in hunting for my ancestors.
I’m going to use my Great Great Grandparents: Lucio Santa Maria and
Cecilia Lugo. My Aunt Julia Espinoza gave me their names in a
conversation one day. I went straight to IGI search page and plugged
their names into the parent section. These are the names that I turned up:
Now I hope everyone knows that you have to try all the differentMexico
Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia Lugo
- CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
combinations of names to get a the most out of the Parent search, for
example:
In addition to 1) Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo I used these other
possible combinations:
Many times I have found other children of the same couple by using the 4
- Lucio Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
- Jose Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo
- Jose Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
possible combinations for a single couple. But in this case I found no
additional children.
but if I would have stopped here I would have missed a few more of their
children.
Here is the other 4 possible combinations that must be tried to make
sure you haven’t missed anything.
Only number one (Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia) produced positive results
- Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia
- Lucio Santa Maria y Maria
- Jose Santa Maria y Cecilia
- Jose Santa Maria y Maria
for other children giving this list:
Now if you looked at the additional 4 children they were the offspringMexico
Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia
- FRANCISCA SANTAMARIA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 29 JAN 1853 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- VIRGINIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 23 MAY 1855 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- PRICILIANO SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 05 JAN 1867 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- SILVERIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 21 JUN 1850 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico- JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
of Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Espinosa. So initially I assumed it was
a different couple and if the dates hadn’t been mixed into each other I
would have thought that maybe this was a second wife and that he was a
Viudo. As it is when the films came in it turned out that the Priest
didn’t consistently name Cecilia. Her parents were Januario Espinosa and
Antonia Lugo. In one record they called her Cecilia Lugo in another
record they called her Cecilia Espinosa.
Here is the main point. . .expect anything. Try all the possibilities.
If you get all the records then you can compare them and sort out the
anomalies. So instead of a couple only have 4 possible combinations for
the parent search section it turns out there are 8.
Now maybe I’m not so good at explaining what I mean so if you have any
questions I’ll try to sort out any confusion I might have produced in
explaining the above. . .let me know.
Joseph