[ranchos] Marriage Records of Nochistlan



Deena Ortiz wrote:

        In reading the microfilms of marriage records for Nochistlán, Zacatecas, I was disappointed to find that there are no parents identified for the bride and groom for the first third of the 18th century (till about 1733) nor for much of the year 1752.
 
        Since they had to prove their relationship was distant enough, I'm assuming that information was recorded elsewhere.  Can someone suggest where I should look.

I'm not sure they are available but was there a corresponding Informacion Matrimonio Film for that year?
 
        All my lines end at Film # 0226725 unless I have found them in Genealogía de Nochistlán Antiguo Reino de la Nueva Galicia en el Siglo XVII según sus Archivos Parroquiales by José Luis Vázquez y Rodríguez de Frías, which I value highly but which is a secondary source.
 
        (By the way, I am not traveling to Nochistlán in the spring.  I am quite disappointed, but am hoping that I can go next year.)
 
~Deena Ortiz~

In a message dated 2/22/2005 5:06:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, drortiz@... writes:
In reading the microfilms of marriage records for Nochistlán, Zacatecas, I was disappointed to find that there are no parents identified for the bride and groom for the first third of the 18th century (till about 1733) nor for much of the year 1752.
 
        Since they had to prove their relationship was distant enough, I'm assuming that information was recorded elsewhere.  Can someone suggest where I should look.
This sounds like the couple needed a dispensation to marry.  This stuff is right up my alley, so to speak.  I am rather familiar with marriage dispensations, where both the bride and the groom were related to one another. 
 
If indeed there was a dispensa, then it will be archived in the Sagrada Mitra de Guadalajara, and all of them have been microfilmed, but none extracted into the IGI.  These are part of the Archdiocese of Guadalajara microfilms.  I have already ordered and researched in about 50 of them, ranging from 1799 to 1829, but not every single year researched.  That is my initial goal, to check out every single microfilm, because you never what you can find in these veritable gold mines of genealogical data.
 
Deena, I want to help you, but you have to let me know the specifics of the Nochistlan marriage.  Who were the contrayentes?  What date was it? 
 
Regards,
Steven H.

Steven can you fill us in on why some of those films cover overlapping
years. . .I’m late for work now otherwise I’d copy and print some
examples but I’ve noticed some are something like:



1830-1899 [xxxxxxx]

1799-1856 [xxxxxxx]

1845-1900 [xxxxxxx]



thus i f you are looking for a dispensation you would need to order all
three films. has that been your experience that you just need to bite
the bullet and order all 3 or is there a way to distinguish which films
to order. I guess I’m wondering why were there these overlapps???



gracias Steven,



joseph



Pacorro73@… wrote:

In a message dated 2/22/2005 5:06:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, drortiz@... writes:
In reading the microfilms of marriage records for Nochistlán, Zacatecas, I was disappointed to find that there are no parents identified for the bride and groom for the first third of the 18th century (till about 1733) nor for much of the year 1752.
 
        Since they had to prove their relationship was distant enough, I'm assuming that information was recorded elsewhere.  Can someone suggest where I should look.
This sounds like the couple needed a dispensation to marry.  This stuff is right up my alley, so to speak.  I am rather familiar with marriage dispensations, where both the bride and the groom were related to one another. 
 
If indeed there was a dispensa, then it will be archived in the Sagrada Mitra de Guadalajara, and all of them have been microfilmed, but none extracted into the IGI.  These are part of the Archdiocese of Guadalajara microfilms.  I have already ordered and researched in about 50 of them, ranging from 1799 to 1829, but not every single year researched.  That is my initial goal, to check out every single microfilm, because you never what you can find in these veritable gold mines of genealogical data.
 
Deena, I want to help you, but you have to let me know the specifics of the Nochistlan marriage.  Who were the contrayentes?  What date was it? 
 
Regards,
Steven H.

In a message dated 2/23/2005 12:02:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, makas@... writes:
Steven can you fill us in on why some of those films cover overlapping years. . .
I do not know why...I just know that they do.  My closest guess is that the documents were scattered, out of order, and just jumbled together.
I'm late for work now otherwise I'd copy and print some examples but I've noticed some are something like:

1830-1899 [xxxxxxx]
1799-1856 [xxxxxxx]
1845-1900 [xxxxxxx]

thus i f you are looking for a dispensation you would need to order all three films.
Yes, you would.
has that been your experience that you just need to bite the bullet and order all 3 or is there a way to distinguish which films to order.
No there really is no way to distinguish...But do not be afraid to "bite the bullet" as you say, because you never know what pleasant surprises you may find in these other films (try to think positive, and not that the micofilms will be an utter waste of your time).
I guess I'm wondering why were there these overlapps???
Don't know for sure.  It is what it is.


gracias Steven,
De nada