Dear Mr Puentes,I just came back from the Univerisity of Las Cruces in New Mexico. I need
someone to help me translate the copies that I made, matrimonales, limpa de
sangre, and some other copies.Also how do I get a password and an ID to enter information on the Rancho web.
Thank you
MaryJoseph Puentes wrote:
> How many of you all are thoroughly using the IGI parent search feature
> of the Family Search website? Now I’m not saying that I am either but
> here are a few of the strategies I use in hunting for my ancestors.
>
> I’m going to use my Great Great Grandparents: Lucio Santa Maria and
> Cecilia Lugo. My Aunt Julia Espinoza gave me their names in a
> conversation one day. I went straight to IGI search page and plugged
> their names into the parent section. These are the names that I turned up:
>
> Mexico
> Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia Lugo
>
> 1. CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 2. MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 3. ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 4. BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 5. VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 6. JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
>
> Now I hope everyone knows that you have to try all the different
> combinations of names to get a the most out of the Parent search, for
> example:
>
> In addition to 1) Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo I used these other
> possible combinations:
>
> 2) Lucio Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
> 3) Jose Santa Maria and Cecilia Lugo
> 4) Jose Santa Maria and Maria Lugo
>
> Many times I have found other children of the same couple by using the 4
> possible combinations for a single couple. But in this case I found no
> additional children.
>
> but if I would have stopped here I would have missed a few more of their
> children.
>
> Here is the other 4 possible combinations that must be tried to make
> sure you haven’t missed anything.
>
> 1) Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia
> 2) Lucio Santa Maria y Maria
> 3) Jose Santa Maria y Cecilia
> 4) Jose Santa Maria y Maria
>
> Only number one (Lucio Santa Maria y Cecilia) produced positive results
> for other children giving this list:
>
> Mexico
> Father: Lucio Santa Maria, Mother: Cecilia
>
> 1. FRANCISCA SANTAMARIA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 29 JAN 1853 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 2. VIRGINIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 23 MAY 1855 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 3. PRICILIANO SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 05 JAN 1867 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 4. SILVERIA SANTA ESPINOSA - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 21 JUN 1850 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 5. CAYETANO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 11 AUG 1857 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 6. MARIA ANTONIA SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 17 JUN 1862 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 7. ALBINO SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 20 DEC 1869 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 8. BLAS SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 01 DEC 1859 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 9. VICTORIANA DE LA TRINIDAD SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Female Christening: 05 SEP 1845 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
> 10. JOSEF SANTA LUGO - International Genealogical Index
> Gender: Male Christening: 12 DEC 1864 Tepetongo, Zacatecas, Mexico
>
> Now if you looked at the additional 4 children they were the offspring
> of Lucio Santa Maria and Cecilia Espinosa. So initially I assumed it was
> a different couple and if the dates hadn’t been mixed into each other I
> would have thought that maybe this was a second wife and that he was a
> Viudo. As it is when the films came in it turned out that the Priest
> didn’t consistently name Cecilia. Her parents were Januario Espinosa and
> Antonia Lugo. In one record they called her Cecilia Lugo in another
> record they called her Cecilia Espinosa.
>
> Here is the main point. . .expect anything. Try all the possibilities.
> If you get all the records then you can compare them and sort out the
> anomalies. So instead of a couple only have 4 possible combinations for
> the parent search section it turns out there are 8.
>
> Now maybe I’m not so good at explaining what I mean so if you have any
> questions I’ll try to sort out any confusion I might have produced in
> explaining the above. . .let me know.
>
> Joseph
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Arturo
and others
While
at SaltLake I discovered the Familysearch web
use
google go to it and select
FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service
Click
search for ancestors
Click on left margin for International Genealogy
Index
Fill
info just do the first andf last name (or just last name)
Event all
Year
range or exact date if you know it
***Region Important Fill in Mexico
Click
search
You
will get many names check the places then
click
on likely one
You
will get the individual record of that person
Check
to see if it fits any info you may have.
Sara
Duenas Flores
254-634-8509
-----Original Message-----Joseph, do I need to be a member to get into the IGI search at Family Search? I am looking for the birth of my Dad, or the marriage of my grandparents. But I am only able to get into the Family History Library Catalog.
From: AGarza0972@... [mailto:AGarza0972@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 9:36 AM
To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ranchos] One Technique: Parent Search
Thanks
Arturo Garza
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.