[ranchos] Re: apellido O=D1ATE

thank you very much Ed, I hope there`s  difficulties I would  be able to sort, I think I have the instructions to get into those Archivos en Red. Leticia Leon Morales aka lili pinzon

Edward Serros <ed@...> escribió:
--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "lili pinzon" <caleta58@y...> wrote:
>
> sorry, forgot to say that part of the family stablished in Jesus
> Maria, Jalisco, the ranch is called Mesa de Oñate, neighbor to ranchos
> Puertecito and Paso Bajo owned by familia Leon, decendants of De Cos Y
> Leon. So Long Leticia Leon Morales
>


Lilli,

I have run across a number of Oñate family members coming over from Spain on my review
of Archivos en Red. Unfortunately I can not tell you which year it was since I had no need to
make copies. I have reviewed every record in the Pasajeros list from 1635 to 1790 which is
the time frame you will find the Oñates; quite a number came over. If you use the Archivos en
Red, be very patient.

Ed








Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí
http://correo.yahoo.es
si, he visto solo de paso esa decendencia pero nada que llegue a mi acendencia; un compañero dijo que en cuestion de genealogia "nosotros vamos hacia ellos, ellos no vienen a nosotros": oñate, el apellido se extendio por toda la iberia y no tengo ninguna noticia de cual region podrian ser los mios. Muchas gracias por la orientacion.

Arturo Ramos <arturo.ramos2@...> escribió:
Lili:

Have you explored the possible descendancy from Juan de Onate and
clan?  The name seems rare enough that it is likely most Onates in
Mexico are descendants of the same family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_de_Onate


--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "lili pinzon" <caleta58@y...> wrote:
>
> sorry, forgot to say that part of the family stablished in Jesus
> Maria, Jalisco, the ranch is called Mesa de Oñate, neighbor to
ranchos
> Puertecito and Paso Bajo owned by familia Leon, decendants of De Cos Y
> Leon. So Long Leticia Leon Morales
>









Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí
http://correo.yahoo.es