|
vela_este wrote: Well I'm going to be brief and then refer you to Gary Felix: http://members.tripod.com/~GaryFelix/index63.htm also within this group Angel Cervantes is very capable of talking circles around me.--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n...> wrote:Amazing things continue to happen. . .its the new year and I just got back from a most remarkable weekend in Atlanta. . .its amazing how even an abundance of alcohol can't keep me from thinking about genealogy. Seems that every barmaid was a possible cousin once I found out what her historical ethnic roots were and compared them with my recent multinational DNA results. Yes a most remarkable weekend in Atlanta! What I meant was that I found inidications (markers) that seem to indicate multinational ethnicity: Recent Ethnic Origins Welcome to the database of RECENT ETHNIC
ORIGINS (REO). The results below show the ethnic origin of
those you match or nearly match in the REO. The ethnic origin
information is provided by each testee, and is only as accurate as the
testee's knowledge. Testees are instructed to answer "Unknown Origin"
when their ancestor's origin is uncertain or not known.
===================================== ===================================== Haplogroup The predicted results below compare your Family Tree
DNA Y-DNA STR test with the world-wide database of Dr. Hammer and
customers who have had their SNP tested by us. The comparative Haplogroups shown
below were confirmed by SNP(Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) tests at
Dr. Hammer's lab, which uses the YCC
nomenclature.
Haplogroups represent fractures in the tree and are tied to deep
ancestry (think 10,000 or 10's of 1000's of years) and are shown in the
human Phylogenetic tree.
Please note that countries in this database are listed by the place one
came from or currently lives. The value therefore is that it tells
researches about migratory patterns, and gives information about the
age of the ‘group’ of people -- after all, everyone on the tree that
isn’t in Haplogroup A and B have lived outside of Africa for at least
60,000 years - and the story is how you got where you live now. Order the wall chart of the haplogroup tree. Click here to order. Haplogroup Test: your matches suggest that you belong to Haplogroup R1b. You can order a SNP test to confirm our prediction capabilities. The cost to confirm your Haplogroup is $65. If we are wrong in our prediction we will keep testing your Y-DNA at no additional charge, until we have your Haplogroup confirmed. Order a Y-DNA SNP test for my confirmed Haplogroup.
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
vela_este <vela_este@...> wrote:
--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n...> wrote:
>
> Amazing things continue to happen. . .its the new year and I just got
> back from a most remarkable weekend in Atlanta. . .its amazing how even
> an abundance of alcohol can't keep me from thinking about genealogy.
> Seems that every barmaid was a possible cousin once I found out what her
> historical ethnic roots were and compared them with my recent
> multinational DNA results. Yes a most remarkable weekend in Atlanta!
>
> . . .
Multinational DNA results???
Would you mind elaborating a little bit more on this. I have decided to take a DNA test myself and I'm very interested in your opinions.
Victor
Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
|
vela_este wrote: not much of an of an explanation. . .ask Gary Felix and share the results with the group.--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n...> wrote:Well I'm going to be brief and then refer you to Gary Felix: http://members.tripod.com/~GaryFelix/index63.htm also within this group Angel Cervantes is very capable of talking circles around me. Yes---AFRICA: mtDNA Results Your Haplogroup and mutations relative to the
Cambridge Reference
Sequence (CRS) are shown below. A value of CRS indicates no mutations.
High resolution (HVR2) results are shown only if you have requested the
mtDNAPlus or mtDNA Refine test.
here's a picture of my mom's mom. . .a brick wall in my genealogy. I'm not even sure of what here name is. . .so the African root must have been quite a few generations back for my grandmother to have been so white looking, joseph | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||