[ranchos] Re: Huerfanos (sp)

Let me invite them so that I’ll be the bad guy if they get in a huff
about the two requirements. I had one guy say, “man i didn’t know it
was going to be such a hassle.” He never got approved.



send me the addresses and i’ll send them an invite. If it were me I
wouldn’t think about your particular surnames. Just trust that if we
get serious researchers from your particular area that somewhere your
genealogies will cross. I would eliminate those that post messages like
this,



“My mom is from ______ Jalisco. Does anyone have any info? If so please
email it to (email address).”



Go for the ones that breathe intensity and desire to look for their
roots not the ones that want it handed to them on a silver platter.




thanks Steve,



joseph



sgapodaca wrote:

Hey Joseph, I would say I am almost a huerfano. Another member, Angel 
Cervantes, and I both have Cervantes ancestors from Zacoalco, 
Jalisco, but it doesn't appear to be a connection, at least back to 
the 1700's. I saw one group member researching her ancestors from 
Atenguillo/Guachinango/Mascota. My Curiel line is from that area, but 
unfortunately (or I'd say fortunately), there's lots of Curiel 
families in that region.

Other than Angel, and the other member whose name I don’t recall, I
am a huerfano. You see, most of my ancestors are from the southern
municipios of Jalisco: Tlajomulco, Chapala, Zacoalco, Techaluta,
Sayula, Amacueca. One line, as I said, is from Atenguillo(If you
don’t know where this is, it is close to Talpa, where many people
visit la virgen). I noticed that almost everybody on this group
researching Jalisco is focused on los Altos. So far, I have only one
line of ancestors from los Altos (Lagos), but haven’t researched a
lot on this line.

On the genealogy.com and ancestry.com forums, I have seen some people
researching my target area, but not my surnames. So tell me Joseph,
should I invite them to join this group, or should I send you their
email addresses?

Ciao

Steve

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:

Are there any Huerfanos in the group. . .are there any orphans that 
don't have others members researching the same general area as you 
    
are 
  
researching in Jalisco, Zacatecas or Aguascalientes? Well if you 
    
want to 
  
invite researchers to Ranchos that are researching your specific 
    
area 
  
let me know and I'll give you ideas.

I just went to rootsweb and did a geneal search of all the message
boards for those that are researching the Valparaiso, Zacatecas

area. I 
  
searched the first 26 pages and found 15 individuals. I then typed 
    
their 
  
names into an email and send them an invitation to consider joining 
    
the 
  
group. naturally if they are not serious researchers I won't let 
    
them 
  
into the group. Of those 15 email addresses 4 were invalid, but 
    
lets see 
  
if maybe 1 or 2 of the others might not find a serious researcher.

I said all that only to say that if you are the only one looking in

your 
  
area that is a way to find others to join you in your 
    
search.  . .spend 
  
some time on rootsweb separating the wheat from the chaff.

joseph

ps: for those in the group researching Valparaiso you can go to the
rootsweb and go to message boards and then in the search window

enter 
  
Valparaiso and then start at page 26 looking for those that appear 
    
to be 
  
serious. You never know but you might be looking for a primo or 
    
prima.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ranchos/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

I believe that Steve is talking about me . . . I'm researching those areas (Iglesias) and have Curiel as one of the surnames that I'm researching. Funny, but I was actually in the middle of doing my family tree with Family Tree Maker when I read the message. Here are some additional surnames I have come acrossed:

Amera, Arechiga, Ramirez, Rodriguez, Bustamante, Dueñas, Castillo, Caro, Garcia, Lopez, Nery, Ramos, Peña, Robles, Sanchez, Terriquez, & Trejo.

I am also researching my mother's side of the family (Cervantes) as well . . . Her family comes Colima, Manzanillo. I remember locating Angel Cervantes too but we have no connection.

Janet Iglesias
 
 
>From: "sgapodaca" <sgapodaca@...> >Reply-To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com >To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [ranchos] Re: Huerfanos (sp) >Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:14:41 -0000 > > >Hey Joseph, I would say I am almost a huerfano. Another member, Angel >Cervantes, and I both have Cervantes ancestors from Zacoalco, >Jalisco, but it doesn't appear to be a connection, at least back to >the 1700's. I saw one group member researching her ancestors from >Atenguillo/Guachinango/Mascota. My Curiel line is from that area, but >unfortunately (or I'd say fortunately), there's lots of Curiel >families in that region. > >Other than Angel, and the other member whose name I don't recall, I >am a huerfano. You see, most of my ancestors are from the southern >municipios of Jalisco: Tlajomulco, Chapala, Zacoalco, Techaluta, >Sayula, Amacueca. One line, as I said, is from Atenguillo(If you >don't know where this is, it is close to Talpa, where many people >visit la virgen). I noticed that almost everybody on this group >researching Jalisco is focused on los Altos. So far, I have only one >line of ancestors from los Altos (Lagos), but haven't researched a >lot on this line. > >On the genealogy.com and ancestry.com forums, I have seen some people >researching my target area, but not my surnames. So tell me Joseph, >should I invite them to join this group, or should I send you their >email addresses? > >Ciao > >Steve > > >--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n...> wrote: > > > > Are there any Huerfanos in the group. . .are there any orphans that > > don't have others members researching the same general area as you >are > > researching in Jalisco, Zacatecas or Aguascalientes? Well if you >want to > > invite researchers to Ranchos that are researching your specific >area > > let me know and I'll give you ideas. > > > > I just went to rootsweb and did a geneal search of all the message > > boards for those that are researching the Valparaiso, Zacatecas >area. I > > searched the first 26 pages and found 15 individuals. I then typed >their > > names into an email and send them an invitation to consider joining >the > > group. naturally if they are not serious researchers I won't let >them > > into the group. Of those 15 email addresses 4 were invalid, but >lets see > > if maybe 1 or 2 of the others might not find a serious researcher. > > > > I said all that only to say that if you are the only one looking in >your > > area that is a way to find others to join you in your >search. . .spend > > some time on rootsweb separating the wheat from the chaff. > > > > joseph > > > > ps: for those in the group researching Valparaiso you can go to the > > rootsweb and go to message boards and then in the search window >enter > > Valparaiso and then start at page 26 looking for those that appear >to be > > serious. You never know but you might be looking for a primo or >prima. > > >