[ranchos] Re: Jerez, Zacatecas. La Inmaculada

Josie,
Thank your for the information. I didn't speak with her at the Library. I will contact her right now
 
Susana
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:07 PM
Subject: [ranchos] Re: Jerez, Zacatecas. La Inmaculada

Arturo Ramos wrote:
 
"Susana Leniski stated: I also called the main Library in
Utah with this information. I spoke to the same expert, and she took
some notes. I have my doubts that my petition for microfilming was
forward. Does anyone know where I can petition formally the
microfilming of these records? What can we do?"
 
Hi to all!
 
I am a little late but want to wish everyone the very best in 2006!
 
In trying to catch up with my e-mail I found the message above from Arturo Ramos and I have a suggestion:
 
    When I was in Salt Lake City in October, 2003 I met Karen A. Jepson, Community Relations Specialist of the Family & Church History Dept. at the FHC.  Her department handles microfilming.  Her e-mail address is: jepsonka@...
 
I do not know who Susana Leniske spoke to but it would not hurt to try this route.
 
Josie in San Antonio

Arturo,
 
What a wonderful trip you had. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.
About the records in La Inmaculada and Colotlan. I think we should try to get them microfilm. According with the person in charge of the archives in the church(La Inmaculada), many of them were in reasonable condition (enough for be able to read them). Josie sent an e-mail with the information with the contact in Salt Lake City. When I called the library in Utah I didn't speak with her. Also Maria suggested to contact ADABI. I will contact both routes. Please do the same. I have to go to Mexico in one or two months, and I was planning to spend a few days in Jerez, if I can get access to the archives. I wrote an e-mail to the Bishop in Zacatecas. I'm hoping to get a respond from them shortly. In my e-mail I explained what I was doing, and requested permission to get access to the archives or information about the procedure to grant such access. I don't know if I have to supplied them with letters of recomendation, or something.
 
In your e-mail you mention that Don Leonardo de la Torre had transcribe some of the records. Do you know if his planning to publish this information? Can I help in any way? I can send a donation. I think like you this infomation is extremely valuable.
 
Thank you so much for all your work
 
Susana
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:36 AM
Subject: [ranchos] Re: Jerez, Zacatecas. La Inmaculada

Susana:

If you read my previous message you will note that there are in fact
a great deal of records at the Inmaculada parrish in Jerez that are
not filmed... Leonardo de la Torre Berumen has transcribed a great
deal of these records but filming them would also be valuable.  I
don't know if it is going to be possible given the condition that
they are in and according to Leonardo make them difficult to film and
is perhaps the reason why they passed them up in the first place.

There are also records in Colotlan that are not filmed.  The priest
there is obstinate about not allowing access so it would require
permission from the bishop in Zacatecas.  If you are interested in
pushing this forward, I would be willing to help.

---


Mary,
 
Great idea!!, thank you so much. I will contact them with a suggestion
 
susana
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:00 PM
Subject: [ranchos] Re: Jerez, Zacatecas. La Inmaculada

Susana and Arturo,

Read my message about ADABI.  How about contacting that group and ask
them to consider these records for a project?

Maria

--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "Arturo Ramos" <arturo.ramos2@v...>
wrote:
>
> Susana:
>
> If you read my previous message you will note that there are in
fact
> a great deal of records at the Inmaculada parrish in Jerez that are
> not filmed... Leonardo de la Torre Berumen has transcribed a great
> deal of these records but filming them would also be valuable.  I
> don't know if it is going to be possible given the condition that
> they are in and according to Leonardo make them difficult to film
and
> is perhaps the reason why they passed them up in the first place.
>
> There are also records in Colotlan that are not filmed.  The priest
> there is obstinate about not allowing access so it would require
> permission from the bishop in Zacatecas.  If you are interested in
> pushing this forward, I would be willing to help.
>
> --- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "Susana Leniski" <susyfarias@c...>
> wrote:
> >
> > To anyone researching in La Inmaculada/Jerez, Zacatecas
> >
> > I have some information that can be valuable for anyone
researching
> in Jerez
> >
> > 1. THE CASE OF THE 20-25 PAGES OF MARRIAGES
> >
> > The first time I reviewed the film # 440059. Matrimonios 1712-
1745.
> I noticed that the film started in the middle of the book. I
searched
> for the missing pages until I found them. They are in the previous
> film. Film # 440058. Informacion Matrimonial 1961. Yes, you read
> right 1961. In this film after the 1961 information, all the way at
> the end of the film.( You even pass a section in "blank".) There is
> the first roll of film of marriages. There are about 20-25 pages of
> the oldest marriages in microfilm for Jerez (1712), part of the 1st
> book.I already spoke to the expert for Latin-American in the main
> Library in Utah (that was 2 years ago). I hope they will place a
note
> in the Library Catalogue in the near future.
> >
> > 2. THE CASE OF THE MISSING MICROFILMS
> >
> > Recently I spoke over the phone to the person in charge of the
> archives in the Church La Inmaculada in Jerez, Zacatecas. He told
me
> that the oldest Marriage that they have is 1697 and Marriage
> Information November 3, 1665. As we know in the LDS Library
Catalogue
> the marriages start in 1712 (missing 15 years) and in Marriage
> Information 1789 (missing 124 years). He speculated that when they
> did the microfilming of the records (around 1960) they asked for
the
> church "books", and all these information are "single sheets-hojas
> sueltas). During my conversation with him he was flipping the
actual
> documents. At the same time, I felt my heart was flipping. I could
> see the long lost marriage, my brick wall in that bundle of papers.
I
> already wrote 2 e-mails to the AGN (Archivo General de la Nacion),
> but I haven't received a response.I also called the main Library in
> Utah with this information. I spoke to the same expert, and she
took
> some notes. I have my doubts that my petition for microfilming was
> forward. Does anyone know where I can petition formally the
> microfilming of these records? What can we do?
> > I also asked in the church in Jerez if the archives were open to
> the public. I was told that access can be granted thru the Dioceses
> of Zacatecas (or Archdioceses). I don't know if you can petition
for
> this on-line. I'm hoping I will be able to go to Jerez next year
and
> search in the archives of the church. But, I think we should
> preserved this documents for future genealogist.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Susana Leniski
> >
>