[ranchos] Re: Martin del Campo

Maria,
 
I'm guilty of not sending my information in.  I've got my Martin del Campo name traced pretty far (thanks to Mr. Hernandez helping me overcome a hurdle) but I really wanted to trace the Romo de Vivars before sending information in.  I've been awaiting some info from the Mormons for almost 3 months - they cashed my check and never sent me anything.
 
Joseph is laying down the law and I don't have the option of waiting any longer, I guess!
Now I have to figure out out how to send the group a Family TreeMaker file.
 
Alicia

readysetgo95814 <mcortez@...> wrote:

Hi Alice,
I was looking for your genealogy in the files section, but couldn't
find it.  You said you have Martin del Campo ancestry and I wanted to
see if we have a link.  I have several Martin del Campo lines in my
family tree.
Maria

--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, alice wissing <alice_wissing@y...>
wrote:
> Marge,
> 
> You think you've got problems, I traced my Martin del Campo family
to the Romo de Vivars, which leads to the Ruiz de Esparza family, and
supposedly they descend from Moctezuma.  For whatever reasons, people
laugh hysterically when they hear Moctezuma's name.  And former
President Lopez-Portillo was a Martin del Campo, as well, and that
elicits more laughter.  Sadly, my grandparents came to Carpinteria,
CA to pick lemons and green beans, making all these discoveries seem
unreal to people. 
> 
> Alicia      
>
> marge vallazza <TeaCozyGran@k...> wrote:
> Dear Joseph,
> Attached is my family history from my grandmother, Altagracia
Gonzalez.  Please look it over and ensure that it starts with her. 
I'm sorry it's a zip file and I think a Gedcom.  I converted it from
PAF.5
> 
> Anyway, my ignorance of computer programming is what has delayed my
submitting this to you.  My Saldivar line married into the Morillo
line that was entered by a Villavicencio bride.  This Villavicencio
(Juliana del Carmen) was a descendant of many of the conquistadores
of Mexico and of the noblest families of Spain, who also descended
from the French king, Charlemagne.  Cool, huh?  But as my Tia Carmen
heatedly said, " Yeah, if my mother's family was so noble and rich,
how come they didn't give her a helping hand when she needed it?" 
Well, that was hundreds of years ago, Tia.  Talk about a Tess of the
D'Urbervilles situation!!!!
> 
> Let me know if this is acceptable to you...Birthday Boy.  Have a
good one.  Sincerely, Marge Vallazza:)
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Joseph Puentes
> To: LosRanchos
> Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:09 PM
> Subject: [ranchos] HTG/Reminder
>
>
>
> Irma sent me a Happy Thanksgiving note and greeting, well I'm a
Turkey boy as on some years my birthday falls right on Thanksgiving
but not this year. Well enough of that, Happy Thanksgiving to
everyone, happy birthday to me, and bear with me as I start to
sharpen my Axe for the holidays.
> 
> . . . .Sorry to be so blunt but this group is not a free ride for
anyone. [mind you its almost free as in some communication will
definitely buy you a by]. . .enough of the riddles. . . .
>                  . . .if you haven't submitted your genealogy [as
in never ever] you need to communicate with me as to when you are
going to send it. When you send it to me I'll make up a file in the
non public files with your name, email address, and geographical
locations that includes your submission. If you are not ready fine,
just communicate with me. How about we establish an ultimate deadline
of April 15th [Maybe those that need to give to the Feds will not
feel bad about giving a little more in the form of their absent
genealogy submission].
>
> What I'll expect:
>     1) your genealogy in .rtf or .doc format preferably as a
genealogy report but it could be submitted in an email
>
>     2) or communication with me via a private email explaining why
you need more time and approximately how much more time would be
appropriate to the task. [forget the why part, that's your business,
just tell me the when part].
>
>     3) other (something I haven't thought about, but this would
still require some kind of communication on your part)
>
> So everyone that wants to remain a part of this group needs to do
some homework between now and April 15th, 2005. You need to go to
the "files" and "Links" and see if there is an entry for your
genealogy there. IF you don't find one communicate with me.
>
> REMINDER: this email doesn't apply to those good folks that have
already submitted something. Now of course it would be nice if you
would update your files and add new findings but maybe some are
waiting for the non participants to be removed before updating. SO IF
YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR WORK AND YOU CAN FIND IT IN THE FILES
OR LINKS DON'T SWEAT THIS EMAIL. MY AXE IS NOT BEING SHARPENED FOR
YOU!
>
> happy thanksgiving,
>
> joseph the Axe Grinder
>
> ps: are there any Flores from Jalisco or Zacatecas in the group, I
can't remember?
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>    To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ranchos/
>  
>    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>  
>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
>
>
>
> > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-zip-compressed
name=losranchos1.zip
>
>            
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
>  The all-new My Yahoo! ? What will yours do?





Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ? Try it today!
If any out there, like myself or Alicia Wissing, has Family Tree Maker and you want to send information via email, then take notes. 
 
To begin, you first need to be in your Family Tree Maker program.  Let's say you want to create a pedigree chart for a specific individual.  Simply go to the person's main page.  Then click the "Ancestor Tree" icon button on the upper task bar.  Once the pedigree chart is displayed exactly as you want it, and between 3 to 5 generations, click the "Edit" button in the upper task bar, then "Copy," then "Copy Ancestor Tree."  By doing this you have saved the tree.
 
Then go to MS Word, and open a new document with reduced margins.  I usually put a .5 margin framing the entire document.  Then right click your mouse and click on "Paste" from the small template that appears.  The Pedigree Chart you copied appears inside your MS Word Document.  Simply drag the lower right hand corner and stretch it to the full size of your page. 
 
To copy a family group sheet you just do the same thing.  Go to the Family Group Sheet section of the program on the Family you wish to select.  When trying to copy a Family Group Sheet, ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE THAT IT ALL FITS ON ONE SINGLE PAGE.  To achieve this, change the font size to one smaller until the whole thing fits on one page.  If you copy it when it has two (2) pages, then it will come out wierd.  Once you are ready, click on "Edit," then "Copy," then "Copy Family Group Sheet."  Open your MS Word program and open up a new document.  Insert or paste your saved FGS into the document and do the same as before.  You may also want to center the finished document.
 
Mess around with the whole process until you pretty much feel comfortable.  Soon enough you will be able to create entire Word documents (.doc) that incorporate Pedigree Charts and Family Group Sheets, as well as old photos and scanned documents to create great documents.
 
Then when you are ready to email all the things you want, simply send the saved file as an attachment file.  of course the smaller the file, the faster your email service will be able to send it.  Conversely, the larger the file, the slower it'll transfer.
 
I hope this info will help everyone out there with Family Tree Maker by Broderbund.  I have to say that it is one of the best, if not THEEE best Genealogy programs out there.  It's very easy to use and produces fantastic results.  Good luck to everyone.  I wish you all very Happy Holidays, and hope that we all had a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Good bye and God bless.
 
Sincerely,
Steven F. Hernandez