[ranchos] Re: Retonos de Espana en la Nueva Galicia

Maria,
 
As you have volunteered, would you check what your volume has for; "Jauregui (or Xauregui, Jaure, Xaure), and I(Y)niguez".
 
Ray Jauregui
Sammamish, WA
Ray; I too am interested about the Iniguiz line. One of my ancestors is an Iniguiz and I know so little about them. Where is Nueva Galicia ? My ancestor (Macias) are said to be from Galicia, in Spain. I presume that Nueva Galicia is in the new world but don't know where.
 
With respect,
 
Jose Macias


-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Jauregui
Sent: Dec 14, 2005 10:23 PM
To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ranchos] Re: Retonos de Espana en la Nueva Galicia

Maria,
 
As you have volunteered, would you check what your volume has for; "Jauregui (or Xauregui, Jaure, Xaure), and I(Y)niguez".
 
Ray Jauregui
Sammamish, WA


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Dear Maria:  I would so appreciate knowing if the books cover the Romero or Garana families.  I have had no success in finding the Garana connection so far.  thanks in advance.  Mary Garana Allen

readysetgo95814 <mcortez3@...> wrote:
The books cover the first Spanish settlers of Los Altos de Jalisco. 
Some families do extend to other states, so you might find some of
your ancestry covered in one of the chapters.  I have a copy of Tomo
I which contains a "Plan general de la obra" for all the subsequent
Tomos (II - VI) and has all the surnames covered.  If anyone wants me
to check for any surnames send me an e-mail.

Each chapter begins with the first settlers and then traces their
male descendancy. Sources are cited for every bit of data.

Maria Cortez

--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "Susana Leniski" <susyfarias@c...>
wrote:
>
> Joseph:
>
> Do you think the book covers Zacatecas? Or is just Jalisco?
> If the book covers parts of Zacatecas. I would like a copy. Please
let me know how much it would  be.?
>
> Thank you
>
> susana leniski
>





 I called the library system in El Paso abotu the book mentioned below.
 
 
If anyone can get to any of these places, there is a copy of the book at these places:
 
In Brownsville, TX at  Brownsville U.
 
Stanford U. in the genealogical library
 
At Berkely U. in Berkely, CA
 
At Iowa U., IA
 
Also in the Cal State library system in California
 
The librarian told me that the book is usually in the reference library because of what it is.
 
 
Elvira
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: RE: [ranchos] Re: Retonos de Espana en la Nueva Galicia

Ray and Jose,
 
I am interested in the Jauregui, Xauregui, Macias and Yñiguez and more specifically from the Nochistlan/Tlachichila Zac regions as I have all 3 in my or my husband's lines.
Alicia Avelar de Carrillo
de San Jose, Ca

zendean <usa20@...> wrote:
<DIV>Ray; I too am interested about the Iniguiz line. One of my ancestors is 
an Iniguiz and I know so little about them. Where is Nueva Galicia ? My 
ancestor (Macias) are said to be from Galicia, in Spain. I presume that 
Nueva Galicia is in the new world but don't know where.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With respect,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jose Macias<BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Raymond 
Jauregui <RAYJAUR@...><BR>Sent: Dec 14, 2005 10:23 PM <BR>To: 
ranchos@yahoogroups.com <BR>Subject: RE: [ranchos] Re: Retonos de Espana en 
la Nueva Galicia <BR><BR></DIV><ZZZHTML><ZZZHEAD><ZZZMETA name="GENERATOR" 
content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800"></ZZZHEAD><ZZZBODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Maria,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>As you have volunteered, would you 
check what your volume has for; "Jauregui (or Xauregui, Jaure, Xaure), and 
I(Y)niguez".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Ray Jauregui</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Sammamish, WA</FONT></DIV><ZZZ!-- -- 
banner|**| html egp |**|begin>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center">
<HR style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<TT>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</TT> </DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<UL><TT>
  <LI type=square>&nbsp;Visit your group "<A rel="nofollow" 
  href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ranchos">ranchos</A>" on the 
  web.<BR>&nbsp;</TT> <TT>
  <LI type=square>&nbsp;To unsubscribe from this group, send an email 
  to:<BR>&nbsp;<A rel="nofollow" 
  href="mailto:ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe">ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</A><BR>&nbsp;</TT> 
  <TT>
  <LI type=square>&nbsp;Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A rel="nofollow" 
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</A>.</TT> 
  </LI></UL>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV style="WIDTH: 500px; COLOR: #909090; TEXT-ALIGN: center">
<HR style="WIDTH: 500px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px; TEXT-ALIGN: left">
</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><ZZZ!-- -- banner|**| html egp 

|**|end>


That would be interesting to know.  The Jauregui surname is quite common in present day Jalostotitlan, Jal. & N. Calif. (immigrants from same area.)  Maybe they were newcomers as opposed to the early settlers mentioned in Retonos ...
Irma Gomez G. de L
N. Calif.


From: ranchos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ranchos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of readysetgo95814
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:00 PM
To: ranchos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ranchos] Re: Retonos de Espana en la Nueva Galicia

Ray,

Unfortunately, I don't see Jauregui or Iniguez in the Plan General de
la Obra.  The spelling of the names are standardized throughout his
books.  However, that doesn't mean they won't be included in the new
edition.  I understand he's including some new surnames.  Does anyone
know what additional surnames will be included?

Maria

--- In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond Jauregui" <rayjaur@e...> wrote:
>
> Maria,
>
> As you have volunteered, would you check what your volume has
for; "Jauregui (or Xauregui, Jaure, Xaure), and I(Y)niguez".
>
> Ray Jauregui
> Sammamish, WA
>




Victor

I called the following Notario, but… Mariano
GOnzalez Leal was gone for a brief moment. Instructed
by his secretary to call back in an hour I have a good
feeling it will work out.
? Notario Nº 1
Mariano González Leal
Independencia Nº 212
Zona Centro, C. P. 37000
Tel. (477) 714 10 59
Fax (477) 716 00 34

Thank you kindly for the quick response.

Jose Munoz Yuba City, Ca.

— "v.h.villarreal" <raices_regias@…>
wrote:

> José,
>
> Maybe you can try the following leads:
>
>
http://www.leongto.com.mx/secciones/historia/historia_referenciabibliografica.htm
>
http://www.leon.gob.mx/portal/modules/icontent/index.php?page=86
>
> Look for the name of Mariano Gonzalez Leal.
>
> Victor Villarreal
>
>
> — In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, "jmunoz2781"
> <jmunoz2781@y…> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone tell me where I can purchase this edition?
> >
> > Title: Retonos de Espana en la Nueva Galicia
> > {Universidad de Guanajuato 1983}
> > Author: MARIANAO GONZALEZ LEAL & JAIME HOLCOMBE
> >
> > Spoke with Borderland Books representative today:
> Not in print…
> > Any leads welcome.
> >
> > Jose Munoz Yuba City, Ca.
>
>
>
>


Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/