"Ranchos Support Fund"

For now we are over a hundred members strong.  I would like to run
something past you that is open for discussion. Would anyone object to
having a completely optional “Ranchos Support Fund”?



I was thinking if a few of us sent in a few buck we might be able to
have $100 stipends available to send off to members that are in need or
for projects that are supportive of the Ranchos Group. This effort
would need a volunteer “use” committee which would have at least 3
members (no ties) and one of those would be a treasurer to hold the
funds. Before the “use” committee would decide on a “use” they would
bring up the use for group discussion. but after the discussion the
decision for the use would be made by the committee.



If this is something that you all would consider going forward on then
I would like to nominate Kitty Cortez to be one of the committee
members and possibly the Treasurer. Also I would like to pledge $25 to
start the contributions.



But all that is premature if you all think this is not something
worthwhile.



what say ye?



joseph


Joseph, when I was working I was in charge of the weekly football 
pool, so I feel I could handle the Ranchos Support Fund if we decide 
to go thru with this.  Thank you for your confidence in my ability.  
Rich and I can also pledge $25.00, but let it be known that others 
can pledge $1.00, $10.00 or whatever they feel comfortable.  Some of 
us retired folks are on fixed incomes. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Kitty
Rocklin, CA

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:
>
> For now we are over a hundred members strong. I would like to run
> something past you that is open for discussion. Would anyone
object to
> having a completely optional "Ranchos Support Fund"?
>
> I was thinking if a few of us sent in a few buck we might be able
to
> have $100 stipends available to send off to members that are in
need or
> for projects that are supportive of the Ranchos Group. This effort
would
> need a volunteer "use" committee which would have at least 3
members (no
> ties) and one of those would be a treasurer to hold the funds.
Before
> the "use" committee would decide on a "use" they would bring up
the use
> for group discussion. but after the discussion the decision for
the use
> would be made by the committee.
>
> If this is something that you all would consider going forward on
then I
> would like to nominate Kitty Cortez to be one of the committee
members
> and possibly the Treasurer. Also I would like to pledge $25 to
start the
> contributions.
>
> But all that is premature if you all think this is not something
worthwhile.
>
> what say ye?
>
> joseph
>

I will pledge $100. Let me know when and where to send it.

Ed

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Mary Allen <mary.allen3770@s…> wrote:
>
> A good idea. I pledge $25.00. Mary Garana Allen
>
> Richard and Kitty Cortez <kcortez@s…> wrote:Joseph, when I was working I was in charge
of the weekly football
> pool, so I feel I could handle the Ranchos Support Fund if we decide
> to go thru with this. Thank you for your confidence in my ability.
> Rich and I can also pledge $25.00