|
It appears we have several things in common:
I like nopalitos, I also live in San Jose and we just may share some
distant relatives. According to a brief autobiography of my mother (Guadalupe
Flores), her biological father's name was JOSE CARRILLO. Lupe was orphaned
at a very early age in Ciudad Chihuahua. She believed her mother's name was
Maria Garcia (Hidalgo de Paral) but my research indicates her name was
Maria Macias. Maria died Ciudad Chihuahua at the age of 17 (1905) leaving
her small daughter in the care of an old couple Tomas/Petra Dominquez who later
left the child in the care of Alejandra Castillo. MARIA
GARCIA/MACIAS supposedly married JOSE CARRILLO (Zacatecas) in
Ciudad Chihuahua. I have not been able to find/verify Guadalupes birth
(Dec. 12, 1903) in Ciudad Chihuahua nor the marriage of Maria to Jose Carrillo.
Guadalupe woujld eventually end up in McFarland,
Calif. as the adopted daughter of Alejandra and Gaspar Flores. Alejandra met
Gaspar Flores in Ciu.Chi. where Alejandra had been a close friend of MARIA
GARCIA/MACIAS. It was Alejandra who would later take the child GUADALUPE
GARCIA/MACIAS/CARRILLO away into the USA never to return. Indications
are that Jose Carrillo was drafted (1905?) by Porfidio Diaz's army and was
sent to serve his enlistment in Sonora. Upon returning to Chihuahua City, he
learned of Maria's death. sADLY, It is believed that the child,
Guadalupe, was taken to the USA before Jose returned from Zacatecas with enough
money to repay Gaspar/Alejandra for her upkeep while he was in the
service. Guadalupe Flores (my mother) died in 1985 and is buried in Delano,
CA. with my father (1963), foster grandparents Gaspar/Alejandra Flores and
most of my family.
Life can strange at times. As such, it is
possible that one can sometimes discover long lost friends and/or relatives
living in the same neighborhood. I would appreciate your consideration of
the meager facts I have presented you with in the hopes that a connection
can be discovered with regard JOSE CARRILLO husband of MARIA GARCIA/MACIAS.
Perhaps this chance interest in your reseta for nopalitos will prove to be the
connecting link needed to fill in the blank pages in the life of GUADALUPE
CARRILLO/FLORES/FELIX. If you wish to talk, I can be reached at
408/251-0685./Adelante/ Raul R. Felix
|