Retoños de España en la Nueva Galicia

Francisco has been in communication with Mariano Gonzalez Leal and has
received permission to make copies of the book and send them to one
location in the US where they would be distributed to the indivduals
interested. I’m understanding that he is talking about the current
edition and that there is due out an update but I am not sure when.

If he is talking about the current edition how many of you would be
interested in a photocopied copy? Let me know so we can get an idea of
how much interest there is.

thanks,

joseph

Will you please check for my family names from Jalisco?? They are Romero and de la Torre from the Guadalajara and Tepatitlan areas of Jalisco. I'm not sure if they started there or moved there from other areas. They were there at least from the mid to late 1800's.

Thank you for your help.

Linda Romero

Maria Cortez wrote:
The books cover the first Spanish settlers of Los Altos de Jalisco.
Some families do extend to other states, so you might find some of
your ancestry covered in one of the chapters. I have a copy of Tomo
I which contains a "Plan general de la obra" for all the subsequent
Tomos (II - VI) and has all the surnames covered. If anyone wants me
to check for any surnames send me an e-mail.

Each chapter begins with the first settlers and then traces their
male descendancy. Sources are cited for every bit of data.

Maria Cortez