***I’ve kind of been on a leave of abscence for the last 3 months inthanks,
Joseph
looking backward for the parents of my oldest ancestors. I’ve come to
the conclusion that all these relatives that I’m searching for in the
1700’s have no current memories in the minds of the people that are
alive right now, but there are plenty of relatives that I don’t know
about that ARE alive now that have a wealth of information that I need
to successfully find those older and ancient generations. Therefore I’ve
set aside the backward hunt and am in the process of seeking out the
side branches. I’ve called all the Puentes in Guadalajara and found 4
families of Puentes that are related. I’ve also called Torreon, Coahuila
and Juarez, Chihuahua. I’m using my Sundays and unlimited nationwide
calling to call Puentes all over the country. I’d like to recommend
doing something like this. I’m sure you all also have lost branches of
your family that are possibly right in your own state. This past
saturday I found a Puentes cousin that lived in Richmond, California
when I lived in Richmond in 1974 but now they live in Sacramento. As you
all interview your family members please don’t neglect to ask there key
questions:
"Tio/Tia Its not important if you don’t exactly know the relation, but
have you ever heard of any Puentes living anywhere that might be
related?" or "did you hear of any possible places where there might be
relatives or where they might have moved to?"
I’ve found several families (one lost branch dating back to 1825 when it
joined the trunk) by just someone saying that they heard there were some
Puentes in Long Beach. I called all the Puentes there and found them.
Cooool!
canprin wrote:
try to get the 1930 Census for their
area.
The 1930 Census will help to put the family in units in their
different villages, ranchos, etc. If your ancestor/ relative was not
born yet, you will find the ones that came before or you could
possible see them as youngsters in their own family. It has a wealth
of information which makes a good start in knowing what to order in
Microfilms for Baptisms, Marriages, and Deaths, etc.
Estado Civil–Soltero, Casado por lo Civil, Casado por laHere is what the Census will contain: Nombre y Apellido Sexo Edad--años o meses
Iglesia, Unida Nbre, Viudo, Divorciado
Profesion U Ocupación–Quehaceres Domesticos, Jornalero de
Saber O No Leer y Escribir
Campo, Medico, Ingenjero, Mayordomo, Carpintero, Criado,
Costura, etc.
Religión
Lugar de Nacimiento
Nacionalid
Idioma
Defectos Fisicos O Mentales