YDNA/MtDNA

I did both mine. I posted my Ydna results to the group but haven’t for
my Mt dna. My Mt dna goes back to Africa probably a black slave got
into my line many generations ago.



I’m going to eventually make up a YDNA/MtDNA folder in the files area
where those that are interested can post their results. As far as I
know very few in the group have done dna testing. I’m hoping for more
interest as we grow older.



joseph



Victor Villarreal wrote:

Alicia,

I agree. This really must be an exciting finding for Steven.
I’ve also wondered how many in the Ranchos group have done a DNA
study (either Y-DNA or mtDNA) or are considering doing one?

What is gradually showing up by those who have done genetic testing
is that most of us with Mexican roots have a European paternal
lineage and a Native American maternal ancestry.

Saludos
Victor

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Alicia Carrillo <alliecar@p…> wrote:

Steven,

How exciting that you found this information and that it’s a

possibility that you may have made a connection with your ancestral 
tribe.
  
 
I feel happy for you and a little envy that you have come so far 
    
and that you may have Otomi blood lines. Have you by chance done the 
DNA study on anyone in your family? That would be interesting to see 
where it takes you.
  
 
Alicia

“Steve G. Apodaca” <sgapodaca@y…> wrote:
Hello.

I want to share what I recently found and check if anybody is
related to these ancestors. A couple days ago, I finally checked

the 
  
marriage record of my ancestors from Los Altos.

My 2nd greatgrandfather Juan Tapia married my 2nd greatgrandmother
Bibiana Martinez in Lagos de Moreno on February 5, 1879. Juan’s
parents were Atanacio Tapia and Secundina Olivares. Bibiana’s
parents were Juan Martinez and Matiana Lopez. Before reading this
document I just knew that my Tapia ancestros were from "somewhere

in 
  
Los Altos", according to my grandmother. She did not remember where 
were they from. Now, I know that they were from a rancho near Lagos 
called Cañada de Ricos. Is anybody familiar with this name? I 
checked the Jalisco census on the files area and found out that the 
population in that place is currently less than 100. Well, while 
surfing the web, using google, I found something very interesting 
about this rancho. On the Lagos de Moreno official website, I 
discovered these two entries:

17 de (Abril) 1686 El cacique indígena al parecer otomí Joseph
Cristobal de Luna y Tapia compra un sitio de ganado menor ( 780
has.) y dos caballerías de tierra (85.6 has.) para establecer el
poblado de “Cañada de los Indios Ricos” que evolucionaría a la
actual colonia Cañada de Ricos.

14 de (Mayo) 1935 Se autoriza la fundación del ejido Cañada de

Ricos 
  
su ejecución es el 29 de Junio del mismo año. En esta zona se ubicó 
un importante asentamiento indígena a partir de 1686 cuando compra 
estos predios el cacique al parecer otomí Joseph Cristobal de Luna 
    
y 
  
Tapia quien efectúa la operación de compra-venta de estos terrenos 
en San Luis del Río, Querétaro en el citado año.

I wonder if it is all a coincidence that my TAPIA ancestors are

from 
  
Cañada de Ricos, a village founded by an otomi cacique named 
Cristobal de Luna y TAPIA in 1686. Could this individual be my 
gggggggreatgrandfather? Well, I still need to research 200 years of 
Tapia history in order to find a possible connection, but it is 
quite exciting just to imagine that I possibly found the name and 
native tribe of one of my family lines.

Saludos.

Steve

</pre>

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ranchos/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ranchos-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Joseph,

It took me a while to make the decision of doing the dna tests but
eventually I could not stand anymore to ignore it.

My Y-DNA test showed that my haplogroup is "E3b", a type of haplogroup
that is very widespread all around the Mediterranean sea, and my
mtDNA, on the maternal side, came as "A", one of the five Amerindian
haplogroups.

So far, my closest matches on my paternal lineage have all been
persons that share my own surname, whom I have only known of now that
I have been researching these matters. On my maternal DNA I have no
matches so far.

Victor

— In ranchos@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Puentes <makas@n…> wrote:
> I did both mine. I posted my Ydna results to the group but haven’t for
> my Mt dna. My Mt dna goes back to Africa probably a black slave got
into
> my line many generations ago.
>
> I’m going to eventually make up a YDNA/MtDNA folder in the files area
> where those that are interested can post their results. As far as I
know
> very few in the group have done dna testing. I’m hoping for more
> interest as we grow older.
>
> joseph
>